A 501 (c)(3) nonprofit corporation
*If you own or are involved in a business that would like to participate in our basket raffle, download the link below. Businesses are also welcome to advertise by hosting a booth by filling out an application above.
All donations go towards a scholarship fund to help people "on the mountain" reach their goals and dreams.
Our Annual Events
The Backwoods Visitors' Center & Community Shoppe currently hosts two events every year- the Springtime Sale in April and the Holiday Bazaar in November. Here you can download information and vendor applications.
Second Saturday in April
- Plant swap
- Spring cleaning community yard sale
- Oconee County Fire Safety House
- Long Creek Volunteer Fire Department
- Silent Auction- proceeds go towards out "On the Mountain" Scholarship Fund
$5 set up donation to the "On the Mountain" Scholarship fund, please send in application to reserve a space.
**Try to bring your Silent Auction donations to our shoppe before the Sale!
Saturday before Thanksgiving
- Live Music
- Crafts for the kids
- Seasonal Beverages
- Raffle- win baskets from local merchants, ticket proceeds go towards scholarship fund to be awarded following year.
- Festive holiday shopping
Reserve your vender space today!